About Me 

 
Hypnosis began to interest me about thirty years ago when I wanted to quit smoking.  I realized that to overcome the addiction to nicotine one needed to work on the psychological as well as the physiological self.  After gaining a Diploma of Counselling I then furthered my studies and gained a Diploma of Hypnotherapy.  Because of my interest in smoking addiction I then worked towards a Diploma of Smoking Cessation Therapy and due to the success I have had in helping my clients stop smoking, it is a subject that I now specialize in. 
 
About 25% of my work would be in smoking cessation and the other 75% would be split between weight loss, anxiety, habits & disorders, phobias and relationship and personal counselling.
 
I have always had an interest in health and weight loss and over the years this interest has increased.  The results using hypnotherapy have been dramatic and I have seen my clients health improve simply because they have lost a few kilos. 
 
My involvement with the counselling profession began over thirty years ago when I started working at the grass roots level in administration in a large counselling centre.  I saw so many people benefit and their lives improve after receiving quality, professional counselling that I then moved on to gain my formal qualifications as a counsellor.   
 
I work with clients who have a diverse range of problems and because I have had valuable life experience I feel that this gives me a deep understanding into the many problems that my clients face. 
 
 
Qualifications      
 
The qualifications I currently hold are -
 
*  Diploma Clinical Hypnotherapy
*  Diploma Smoking Cessation
*  Diploma Professional Counselling
 
*  Certificate in Understanding Eating Disorders
*  Certificate in Treating Depression
*  Certificate in Anger Management
*  Certificate in Parent Effectiveness Training
*  Certificate in Stress Management
*  Certificate in Ideo-Ego Dynamics (Parts Therapy)
*  Certificate in Conflict Resolution
*  Certificate in Communicating with Children
*  Certificate in NLP (Neurolistic Programming)
*  Certificate in Increasing Professional Effectiveness
*  Certificate - General Addiction Course
*  Certificate - Complicated Grief Course
 
 Accredited Facilitator/Counsellor Prepare/Enrich Program
 
*  Police Background Check
 
 
My clients are mainly from the following Melbourne suburbs. These suburbs are all within a twenty-minute drive to my consulting rooms. 
 
Dandenong, Hallam,  Berwick, Belgrave, Chadstone, Chelsea,  Clayton,   Clyde,  Cranbourne, Devon Meadows, Dingley,  Doveton, Emerald, Endeavour Hills, Fountain Gate, Frankston,  Gembrook, Glen Waverley,  Hampton Park, Keysborough, Knoxfield,  Koo Wee Rup, Moorabbin,  Mordialloc, Mount Waverley,  Narre Warren North & South,  Noble Park, Oakleigh, Pakenham, Seaford, Skye,  Springvale
 
I am a Member of the following Association:
The International Institute for Complementary Therapists
 
I abide by the ethical standards of the Association